Shergarh is located on the edge of Kanha Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, which lies right in the centre of India.
It is an area of outstanding beauty: a series of plateus in the Maikal Hills (the eastern stretch of the Satpura range), densely forested with sal and bamboo and scattered with charming villages. All journeys into Kanha wind through through this gentle terrain.
ACCESS BY AIR
Kanha lies within similar proximity to 3 airports. Choice of airport depends on the flight timings that most suit your specific itinerary.
- NAGPUR AIRPORT (260km/ 5.5 hours) is connected with regular daily flights between most major hubs including DELHI, MUMBAI, PUNE, KOLKATA and HYDERABAD, and also with QATAR.
- JABALPUR AIRPORT (180km/ 4 hours) is connected with DELHI only.
- RAIPUR AIRPORT (200km/ 4.5 hours) is connected with daily flights between DELHI, MUMBAI and KOLKATA.
There are a number of online agencies where you can easily book flights, e.g. Yatra and Cleartrip.
We can arrange a car to collect you/ drop you to any of these airports.
ACCESS BY RAIL
Depending on which direction you are travelling from/to, there are 3 train stations to choose from:
- GONDIA JUNCTION (120km, 2.5 hours) - if you are travelling from a westernly or southernly direction (e.g. Mumbai, Pune).
- JABALPUR (180km/ 4 hours) - if you are travelling from the North (e.g. Delhi, Agra).
- RAIPUR (200km/ 5 hours) - if you are travelling from an easterly direction (e.g. Kolkata, Orissa).There are a number of online agencies where you can easily book trains, e.g. Yatra and Cleartrip.
We can arrange a car to collect you/ drop you to any of these stations.
ACCESS BY ROAD
Some destinations are accessible by road only. Distances are as follows:
- PENCH TIGER RESERVE (180km/ 4 hours)
- BANDAVGARH TIGER RESERVE (220km/ 6.5 hours)
- SATPURA TIGER RESERVE (350km/ 8.5 hours)
- TADOBA TIGER RESERVE (260km/ 6 hours)
- BHOROMDEO/ KAWARDA in Chattisgarh (110km/ 2 hours)
We can arrange a car to collect you/ drop you to any of these destinations.
If you are driving yourself, you'll need to take one of the following routes:
- Coming via Nagpur, take the route TUMSAR - BALAGHAT - BAIHAR - BAHMNI (Mukki)
- Coming via Jabalpur, take the route MANDLA - BAHMNI - TATRI - BAIHAR - BAHMNI (Mukki)
- Coming via Raipur, take the route MALAJKHAND - BAHMNI (Mukki)
We are located approx 4 km from the Mukki Gate, on the main Baihar-Mukki road. Coming from Baihar, we are on the left-hand side, approx 300 metres from the 'Bahmni Phatar' crossroads. Look out for a discreet wooden board and gatehouse.